A Thank You From Martha

So many of you sent Martha wonderful birthday wishes, cards, and presents or made incredibly generous donations to The LEAP Foundation. Here is her response to all of you, filmed the day after her birthday. Thank you again and enjoy!

[Can't see the video above? Watch it online!]

Comments

What a beautiful prayer answered Martha!

Your journey has been so instrumental to mine. Thank you for having the courage to keep going in all the moments of doubt and lapses of faith.

I love you, and my family loves you.

xox,

-Pam

You! Tears in my eyes watching you share your journey. Just love to you as you start your 51st year. Oh the adventure ahead for you. I cannot wait to watch it unfold. <3

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this Martha.

Whenever I feel discouraged, unheard, unseen, unsure of where I’m going, I will remember this.

Thank you for your courage. Your love.

Linda Ford

I don’t think I could love you any more! I so needed to hear your words today. Thank YOU for always being the voice of joyful reason and guidance. Grateful for you in my life!

Much love and respect!

Tamra Wade
    Paper Hope

PS why are you packing up to leave Phoenix? I am a fellow Phoenician. We will miss you! :(

5. Danni says

Beautiful video Martha. So many words of yours give me “peace”. I look forward to reading your FB posts because my heart warms – maybe feels a little more secure – each time I do.
    With so much gratitude :)

6. Jeri says

No Martha, thank you!!!

I did not hear you when you first got started, but I heard you loud and clear during Ophrah’s Lifeclass and have been listening intently every since.

You are truly and amazing and gifted woman. You have come through so much in your YOUNG life so you could show the rest of us what we are capable of.

I am and will be forever grateful to you for helping me find me and showing me where to find the courage within myself to live my own life. The next journey of my life is working on the physical aspects of me. It is not going to be an easy task, but when I think about it, it wasn’t easy getting to the shape I am currently in either due the emotional roller coasters I have ridden throughout my life. Time to get off those rides and start on new ones that are much more fun!!

With much love . . . .

Thank YOU Martha for how much you’ve touched my life in ways I cannot even begin to verbalize.

Your intentions came true and touched the hearts of many beyond your wildest imagination.

It’s because of you I took many leaps of faith myself.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

xoxo,

Kimberly Dawn

What a beautiful message you have shared Martha. Thank you for your gift and thank you for sharing it with us.

You are inspiring me with your message of hope and your teachings and techniques for healing, finding my passion, having the courage to take risks and leaning into that which I have not done so in the past due to fear.

I am a new reader and today I am listening to the audio of your book The Joy Diet. What a treasure you are. I look forward to learning more and sharing my gift in the future. Hope is a beautiful thing, and your big heart helps others find it again. Much respect and universal love.
    Kate :-)

9. Diane says

Thank you for sharing your beautiful prayer. Such a gift.

I hear you and I love you.

Ubuntu ”I am what I am because of who we all are.”

Love,
    Diane

10. Lorraine says

Happy Birthday Martha!

I just finished re-reading your book, Leaving the Saints, and feel so thrilled for you to be starting the next part of your journey. Because you’ve been SOOOO courageous in telling the truth and being who you are in your life, I am inspired to do the same.

I even think to myself as I face challenges in my own life, “Well, Martha had to face REALLY difficult challenges in her life and look how she survived and is thriving! So I can too. Now what is my true self saying?”

Thanks for your work, Martha! What a bright light!

Lorraine

Thank you for your many gifts and insight. You inspire me early, thank you for fanning the flames of following our own path.

It’s my goal to not only follow my path but honor it, as well as the aths of others.

Dear Martha :)

Happy (Belated) Birthday! Thank you so very much for all you do! You have been a tremendous inspiration to me. Although I’ve only found your books recently (I’ve read several, working on reading more), I feel like we’ve been on parallel journeys for the last 20 years. I went to your website this morning for another dose of your inspiration and wisdom. The video above really touched me. Thank you so much :)

I’m an alumn of the business school where you taught there in Glendale (December, 1993). If only we had crossed paths then! While you’ve been in the house you’ve just left, my family and I have carved a business “out of the mountain” in a small town in Western Colorado. Strange how just as that project drew to a close, I found your writings. First, Finding Your Own North Star, then “Finding Your Way In A Wild New World” (truly “no words” to describe how that one resonated with me). Considering your coach training program.

Wishing you and your family all the best in your new direction. With much love, great admiration and profound respect,
    Donna

13. Nanci Konrad says

I cried when you read in your journal and said you were feeling “too slow and old.” That’s me! I am grateful for the hope you gave afterwards. I needed that. Thank YOU. Wishing you joy. Nanci

14. Amy Couture says

I have been inspired by your readings since the beautiful Following Your Own North Star. In fact, just as I started reading it years ago, my small daughter was watching a netflix show she just ‘happened’ to run across, and she said ‘of the blue,’ “Look, Mom! It’s a polar bear swimming, and she’s following the North Star!” I looked up, and indeed she was, and I am. I got tears in my eyes for the message.

Life has held beautiful coincidences since then, and your beautiful and compassionate intuition for all beings, humor, and razor sharp analytical side, have helped me find my own internal GPS.

Your path is an amazing root system which touches countless lives, such as mine.

Thank you from my heart.
    Amy Couture

15. Suzanne says

A big WAVE as I watched your video – or a “Martha Moment” as my sisters and I call them! I too just turned 50, I too just took a Leap of Faith and moved to a new place. My husband of 26 years just took his own Leap of ? (insert your own word here) and divorced me the week before Christmas. Because of YOU I know I can go on. Because of YOU I know I will find my own North Star and make my way in the Wild New World. All this I know because of YOU. God shines his light on and through you and we are all so lucky to benefit from it.

Thank you.