It only gets better! This year’s Master Coach Training Curriculum is fresh, innovative, and designed to guide you to true coaching mastery.
This training is only open to currently certified Martha Beck coaches. It will build on all the training you have experienced so far, deepen your knowledge and use of the Martha Beck coaching tools, and help you take your practice to the next level. Once you have completed this course, you’ll have strengthened your coaching skills, moving from competency as a coach to true mastery. You will also take a personal journey–your Hero’s Saga. We do not yet know exactly where you will travel, but every Master Coach Cadet finds the training to be a deeply personal and transformative process. Along the way you will also: sharpen your writing skills at the hands of Martha herself, learn how to get published, create products, teach effectively, speak engagingly, conduct retreats and workshops, lead programs and groups, and coach from your intuitive genius. You’ll learn from subject-matter expert Master Coaches who have been there, done that, and will share with you.
Martha Beck Master Life Coach Training is designed for you to play to your edge. You will not only learn about the above concepts, you will also create content in the form of required real-world assignments to demonstrate mastery of what you learn. Classes will require at least 2 hours of homework per week. You will often have pre-class assignments so that you can get personalized feedback workshop-style in class. You will be expected to move quickly, expand your comfort zone, meet deadlines, coach yourself through your sticking points and deliver high quality work on time. The assignments are not theoretical. They are designed to move your coaching practice forward as you master the various skills. The coaching practica are different than you experienced in LCT and will give you the deep practice and feedback you need to move from competency to mastery. This course will ask a lot from you and in return you will learn much about yourself and what you are capable of doing. Past participants report being deeply transformed by the experience.
“Master Coach Training is like signing up for surfing lessons with some of the earth’s best wave cruisers. It’s thrilling, fascinating, scary (at times) and it gave me the tools to ride the ever growing tide of change in my life and the world. The intimacy of the learning cohort, the chance to learn directly from Martha in a highly interactive environment, and the collective brilliance of the Master Coach instructors proved to be priceless. It also helped me pinpoint my purpose, connect to my passion and inner wisdom, and trust in my ability to do bigger work in the healing of the world.”
Jill Farmer, Master Certified Life Coach
2014 Curriculum and Schedule
Class will meet Wednesdays at 10 am PT.
- 4/23/2014 Business Coaching Round-Robin, Martha Beck (2 hours)
- 4/30/2014 Overview, Jennifer Voss & Bridgette Boudreau (90 minutes)
- 5/07/2014 Retreats & Workshops with Chris Brandt (90 minutes)
- 5/14/2014 Thought Work Coach the Coach 1, Terry DeMeo (90 minutes)
- 5/21/2014 How to Teach, Bev Barnes (90 minutes)
- 5/28/2014 No Class
- 6/04/2014 Thought Work Coach the Coach 2, Susan Grace Beekman (90 minutes)
- 6/11/2014 Developing Coaching Programs Workshop, Pam Slim (90 minutes)
- 6/18/2014 No Class
- 6/25/2014 Woo Class, Abigail Steidley (90 minutes)
- 7/02/2014 MCT Project Workshop, Bridgette Boudreau (2 hours)
- 7/09/2014 Writing 1, Martha Beck (2 hours)
- 7/16/2014 Publishing, Betsy Rapoport (90 minutes)
- 7/23/2014 Recorded Session #1 Debrief, Jennifer Voss & Bridgette Boudreau (2 hours)
- 7/30/2014 Writing 2, Martha Beck (2 hours)
- 8/06/2014 How to Teach Feedback, Bev Barnes (90 minutes)
- 8/13/2014 Writing 3, Martha Beck (2 hours)
- 8/20/2014 Dream Analysis Coach the Coach 3, Koelle Simpson (90 minutes)
- 8/27/2014 Public Speaking with Susan Hyatt (90 minutes)
- 9/03/2014 No Class
- 9/10/2014 Product Creation Workshop, Jessica Steward (90 minutes)
- 9/17/2014 Coach the Coach 4 Wildcard, Jennifer Voss (90 minutes)
- 9/24/2014 Recorded Session 2 Debrief, Jennifer Voss & Bridgette Boudreau (2 hours)
- 10/1/2014 Wildcard Martha Class (Magic) with Martha Beck (2 hours)
- 10/8/2014 Preparing for the Retreat, Bridgette Boudreau & Jennifer Voss (1 hour)
- 10/23 – 10/26 Live MCT Retreat at Martha’s Ranch
- 11/5/2014 Wrap Up, Bridgette Boudreau & Jennifer Voss (1 hour)
Onsite MCT Retreat (Mandatory)
October 23-26, 2014, San Luis Obispo, CA
This year’s MCT retreat will take place at Martha’s ranch in San Luis Obispo, CA—how cool is that? You’ll stay in Pismo Beach and you’ll carpool to the ranch for each day’s activities. Martha is so stoked (she says things like stoked now because she’s a Californian) to host all of you out at the ranch that we practically needed to give her a Xanax.
We’ve also changed up the purpose of this weekend. We used to call it the “intensive,” and to be honest, it was… intense—for all of us. Plus we’re so over sitting in hotel meeting rooms all day long and talking. Your training will still be rigorous, will likely be “intense” for you at times, and that’s perfect. You’ll learn to coach yourself and be coached through those rough parts. However this weekend is all about celebration, community and magic. You’ll connect with your fellow cadets, Martha and us, have fun, and learn about your self and each other . We, along with the horses, nature, and your own higher consciousness, will take you on your own personal Journey of discovery over the course of the weekend. This weekend will not be considered as part of your certification. Please see the Certification section to learn about that process.
Martha has so many ideas for what she wants to teach all of you. She wants to help you open your heart, learn to receive your own higher guidance, care for yourself deeply and profoundly, connect with nature and your own purpose, and much more.
Horse Whispering Daylong Workshop
You will learn about your leadership and communication style and how to use each effectively with your clients and everyone in your life.
Cool, Life-Transforming Stuff
We could write something here about what you might actually experience, but in all honesty, we’ll be custom-designing the workshop for your cohort much closer to the date. We’re pretty good at this, so if you’re up for a fun adventure, trust us, we’ll deliver.
We will end the weekend together with a luncheon celebration with Martha.
I am a Mind-Body Coach who has long helped clients with pain and stress relief. More recently, my work has evolved into a delightful mix of coaching, channeling, and energy work. I work with coaches, therapists, acupuncturists, massage therapists, and other healers, helping them with their own well-being, owning their healer-ness, and stepping into their soul mission.http://www.abigailsteidley.com
I’m a master coach who’s helped hundreds of women determine their passions, values, strengths and skills, and coached them through the process of defining their ideal work and how to create it. In addition to coaching, teaching and speaking, I lead international adventure retreats that provide opportunities for deep personal work and connection with others. I excel at laughing at myself, know a divine wink when I see one, and have total faith in the restorative power of a good piece of chocolate and a great conversation.http://www.christinabrandt.com
Coaching and teaching is truly my calling. I specialize in relationships, career transformation, and coach mentoring. I do deeply transformational work and I love watching my clients and students learn to understand and appreciate themselves as they create richer, more satisfying lives. Prior to coaching, I was a trial lawyer. I live in Miami and practice yoga and expressive dance when I’m not writing my blog, visiting my kids in the Big Apple or hanging out with Bruno, my black lab.http://www.terrydemeo.com
My calling is to help people find and live their calling. I work with coaches who are creating their life’s work and people who are unhappy at work – helping them to define their authentic niche, outwit their fears and get on with the business of changing the world. I live in Quebec, Canada and I also speak French.http://www.bevbarnes.com
Susan Grace Beekman
My driving passion is to help clients learn how to declare peace on themselves. What I’ve learned in forty years of transformational work and a long teaching career is this: Curiosity, deep listening, and courageous questioning can clear confusion and open the door for life to flow in. A peaceful, kind life. I love the shifts that naturally occur when we ask questions and listen for our own freedom. I’m certified in The Work of Byron Katie, in counseling and in spiritual mentoring. My oasis is Oregon, where I live and lead retreats. My family, my friends, my dog Calvin, and my own mind teach me all I need to know about peacemaking.http://www.oasislifedesign.com
Jessica Steward is a Master Certified Mind-Body Coach, Idea Amplifier, Business Witch, and Magical Mischief Maker. Having survived nearly fifteen years in the corporate world, Jessica combines her mad strategy & marketing skills with her spooky ability to see the future, plus a pinch of practical magic to help healing and creative entrepreneurs bring their work to the world. She loves teaching coaches-in-training by facilitating Coach-the-Coach classes as well as leading several of marketing courses. Jessica lives outside of Boston with her husband, dog, two cats, and two ukuleles. The cats can’t play the ukuleles. Yet.http://www.stewardcoaching.com
All of the work you produce as part of this course is evaluated as part of your certification. But more important than what you do is how you do it. It’s not about showing up and doing it all perfectly. It’s about showing up, being YOU, and doing your work as your stuff comes up. That said, here is what we consider as part of the certification process:
- Showing Up: Attendance plus engagement/not hiding plus participation equals showing up.
- Meeting Deadlines: Missed deadlines are unacceptable. If you miss a deadline, you will not receive feedback on your assignment and you may be required to do additional work in order to become certified. You must complete all assignments to be certified. This parallels the “real world.” If you are hired by a magazine to write a piece and miss your deadline, that’s it. The intent here is to show you that you can step up and surprise yourself with what you can accomplish. We do know that emergencies arise, and we are compassionate about that, but you will also find that we are very serious about this—because we believe you can.
- Coaching Skills Mastery: The goal of MCT is to move your coaching skills from competency to mastery. Your recorded coaching sessions will be part of your certification review—you’ll need to be able to demonstrate mastery of the basic coaching model with the first recording and coach someone correctly through a dream analysis for the second. We may ask you to resubmit recordings, please know if we do that this is part of the process. We want you to begreat coaches! The next part of your certification process will be an oral coaching session (on steroids) over the phone with Jennifer or Bridgette. This can happen at any point in the training you feel you are ready, but must take place before the retreat. You will be asked to coach one of us and then yourself while we listen. If you do not meet the bar of mastery for any of these certification elements, you will be given feedback and additional work to do to assist you in gaining mastery. You will then have another opportunity to be reviewed. This process will take as long as it takes—meaning you may or may not be certified by the end of the course.
Participation in Master Life Coach training does not ensure certification as a Master Coach. All decisions about certification will be made by Martha, Bridgette, and Jennifer.
Here’s the deal about the prerequisites. We may not follow them. If you feel called to be a Master Coach, apply. We use these criteria as guidelines, but we also feel completely free to break our own rules. (Except the first one; you must be a certified Martha Beck Life Coach.)
- Earned a Martha Beck Life Coach Certification
- A minimum of 75 paid coaching hours (documented)
- 6 months experience as a Martha Beck Certified Coach (6 months prior to the training start date of April 23, 2014)
- Completed the Master Coach Training online application
Once you become a Master Certified Martha Beck Coach, you will be eligible to be considered for teaching Martha Beck sponsored classes and to become a Life Coach Training Instructor. Being a Master Coach, although, does not guarantee these opportunities. You may also propose your own ideas for MBI.
The 2014 Master Coach Training begins April 23, 2014 and concludes with the mandatory on-site retreat in San Luis Obispo, CA October 23-26, 2014. Training is limited to 12 people. Master Life Coaching is only offered once per year.