The Wayfinder certification process is designed to give you the opportunity to become completely comfortable and confident as a Certified Wayfinder Life Coach. You’ll know that you are an effective coach and so will we!
Certification is generally seen to lend legitimacy to your status as a life coach: a “seal of approval” and confirmation that you have mastered the Wayfinder tools and are ready to launch your practice as a full-fledged coach.
Completing the Wayfinder Life Coach certification process includes the following
- Completion of required self-study modules and objectives in the online learning space for the training.
- Coach in at least six observed coaching sessions during the training.
- Attend at least seven hours of group mentoring during the training.
- Coach at least 75 hours outside of class (paid or unpaid).
- Complete a multiple-choice and a long-answer written review based on what you learn and practice during the training.
- Schedule and complete three one-on-one mentoring sessions with your assigned Wayfinder Master Coach Mentor.
- Record at least one 30-minute coaching session to review with your Wayfinder Master Coach Mentor during your mentoring sessions.
- Once your written reviews and coaching recordings meet the required standards, you will become Wayfinder certified.
ALL SUCCESSFULLY CERTIFIED COACHES WILL RECEIVE:
- Certificate verifying completion of a 211-hour ICF accredited coach training program (ACTP).
- Access to the Certified Coaches area of Martha Beck’s “Coach Hub,” which houses a library of lifetime learning materials.
- Access to free quarterly Continuing Education Classes.
- Certified Coach listing on Martha Beck’s website.
- Certified Wayfinder Life Coach logo to place on marketing materials and website.
- 10% discount on Martha Beck in-person seminars that are sponsored by Martha Beck, Inc. and STAR retreats.
The Wayfinder Life Coach certification process is part of your tuition. There is no additional fee required. Many trainees choose to be certified as a Wayfinder Life Coach, though evaluation is optional and it does not guarantee that you will be certified.
CERTIFICATION AND THE INTERNATIONAL COACHING FEDERATION (ICF)
Wayfinder Life Coach Training is an ICF accredited coach training program (ACTP) at this time.
What does this mean for you? You will be taking part in a world-class training and this program’s ACTP accreditation will give you the ability to pursue the ICF credential with more ease if you wish.
Anyone who successfully completes our 211-hour training will have the coach training and mentoring hours that they need to apply for certification by the ICF at the Associate Certified Coach (ACC) or Professional Certified Coach (PCC) level.
Why would you want an ICF credential? Professionals with coaching skills are increasingly sought after in the business and non-profit sectors. Becoming an ICF accredited coach can open up opportunities in areas like leadership development, executive coaching, and professional development and team-building. In some sectors your ICF credential can be a requirement for hiring, similar to how a CPA (certified public accountant) is treated in an accountancy firm.