Dysfunctional Family Bingo

Hello Blog Readers!

Martha Beck staffers Jessica and Bridgette here. We snuck onto the blog while Martha is ensconced finishing her book because we didn’t want you to miss out on playing Dysfunctional Family Bingo this holiday season. We whipped this post up for you.

Dysfunctional Family Bingo is the game where your relatives’ cringeworthy antics become your winning bingo card. Here’s how to play: You and your friends each print the blank card here:

Each of you then fill in the squares with your unique family holiday dysfunctions. Aunt Sue makes an inappropriate comment about cousin Bertie’s weight and Grandma has too many hot toddies and passes out at dinner are a couple squares from our own staff players. Bring your card to your family gathering and as your family acts up, surreptitiously text or email your friends. First one to get bingo gets a free lunch at your post-holiday debrief gathering.

If you’d like more information on how to save your sanity this holiday season (and who doesn’t really?), be sure to check out Martha’s original article where she introduces us all to Dysfunctional Family Bingo.

Enjoy!

Comments

Awesome ladies- I was wondering if somebody would (for the love of God) create a game I would actually want to play around the holidays!!!!!! Martha looked like she was having a ball while she showed them how to play on TV:) My square is “hand my husband 5 cards to mail at XMAS and watch them languish on his desktop for say, oh I don’t know 6 months…” BINGO!!!!

2. Jen Bilik says

Hi there,

I’m a big fan of Martha Beck and have been for a long time! Not sure if you guys have seen or were inspired by one of our bestselling products, Dysfunctional Family Bingo, which has been helping families achieve catharsis for a couple years now. Do we have a case of great minds thinking alike?

Sincerely,

Jen Bilik

• kyle says

Considering Martha wrote the original article the year your company was founded and many people have played a version of this game long before you started selling boards on the internet, I’m guessing you have no claim on it if that is what you were implying. But good on you for advertising your product I’m this comment section…

wowsers girlz… how are ya doin’?

I tell my clients to use this DFB tool esp at the holidays. For my clients of abus, it not only brings levity to the usual and unusual stressors, they actually can find stuff to laugh about.

love
    Indrani

I can’t wait to print and use this game over the holidays – levity is always great! or as my family motto goes “frivolum est bonus” silly is good!

and Jen Bilik, i love you KnockKnock stuff! i think it’s great minds thinking for themselves – but on the same great path!

Kelly
    Creativity Catalysts

5. Lorna says

I love this idea. It was Thanksgiving that set my family dysfunctions off already. All you can do it laugh and not take it seriously.

This game cracks me up! I was reading the “Putting the “Fun” in Dysfunctional: Saving Your Sanity This Holiday Season” blog and literally laughed out loud! My card will definetly have the question,”When are you having a baby?”

Trackbacks